Blog Archive

Thursday, November 3, 2011

VYP-BLK-M3: Booq Vyper M3 (New 15" MacBook Pro)

Perfectly fitted for the new MacBook Pro (15.4"), Vyper M3 is a compact and durable sleeve with a slick, rugged exterior and a non-scratch interior designed to protect your laptop against scratches and excessive wear. Although Vyper does not have a handle, it can be used on its own, but it is designed to be used first and foremost as additional protection inside another bag, like our Boa or Python backpacks. We sandwiched durable, semi-rigid high density foam between a layer of 1682D cross-weave ballistic nylon on the exterior and a super non-scratch lining on the interior - an effective blend. Vyper has to be the first truly cool laptop sleeve, and the Vyper M3 is a must-have for every new MacBook Pro! Please note: If you are considering using this sleeve for a non-Apple laptop, please carefully check your laptop's physical dimensions against the Vyper's interior dimensions listed above.

Brand: Booq Model: VYP-BLK-M3 Specification FITS: NEW 15" MACBOOK PRO Max Laptop Size: 14.35"X9.82"X.95" (364X249X24MM) Exterior: 14.7X10.2X1.4 (373X259X36MM) Weight: 0.75 LB (0.34 KG)

Most helpful customer reviews 10 of 11 people found the following review helpful. One Half Of A Great Sleeve By micpoc First, the good: the Booq Vyper has great, stiff outer covering that should be pretty impervious to most external forces. The zipper arrangement is also ideal, as it allows for side removal if you keep the sleeve in a vertical bag, and will act as cover for use outside a bag. Now, the bad: the internal padding provided by the Vyper is laughable. In this price range, it is not at all unreasonable to expect, at the very least, thicker padding, if not memory foam... and why anyone would use anything other than memory foam at this point in time escapes me. These are very expensive machines we're carrying around, and to provide nothing other than thin foam for padding is ridiculous. Further, if you've using a newer unibody Macbook Pro, this sleeve is too big, which allows the laptop to slide around in the case. This might not be so bad if it was a memory foam lining, but as it is, it is insufficient. I returned mine immediately and purchased another sleeve. 5 of 6 people found the following review helpful. Awesome Protection. Exact Fit. By Peter Sierra I read a few reviews regarding this product being a bit to big for the new unibody Macbook Pro. I decided to take the chance and it paid off. This case does everything it's supposed to and has a snug fit. I haven't noticed any moving of the notebook what so ever. Hard fabric shell exterior with a Pelican Case-like foam interior, you can't go wrong. Needless to say I'm thoroughly pleased with my purchase. I also highly recommend. For the price you just can't beat the quality of protection. 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. best protective sleeve for your Macbook bar none!!! By Bunga Back when I bought my first Macbook Pro around 2008 I spent way more time than I should have shopping around for a sleeve. My criteria being it had to be as protective as possible, without being excessively bulky. After reading up reviews on every sleeve available at that time, I ended up with the Vyper M2. With the Vyper I have no qualms throwing the laptop in the trunk of my car, in a loose backpack, packing it on my motorcycle luggage for an extended trip, etc. etc.. Bottom line, I have virtually no fears of damaging the laptop within reasonable use and abuse, that says a lot for someone as needlessly paranoid as me. The sleeve is more than sturdy enough to protect your purchase through day in day out use, it would take a pretty good hit to damage the laptop through the sleeve. Further, the sleeve is barely larger than the typical flimsy sleeves that everyone else sells that do nothing to protect your laptop. Sadly, that first MBP was stolen with the sleeve this past summer, naturally I bought another MBP and started searching again for a sleeve. To my surprise, in my eyes the Vyper sleeve is still far and away the best sleeve that offers some protection. After six months of daily use my M3 still looks the same as the day I bought it, no surprise as the M2 before it looked brand new after two years as well. If you like the idea of a sleeve but want some protection for your laptop against the unexpected, the Vyper stands apart from the herd See all 12 customer reviews...

0 comments:

Post a Comment